Emma Masterpiece Mattress Competition:
This competition (the “Competition”) is operated and promoted by Emma – The Sleep Company (Emma Sleep GmbH, Wilhelm-Leuschner-Str. 78, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany). The competition will run from 09:00 am GMT 1st December 2023 (the “Opening Date”) to 23:59pm GMT 28th December 2023 (the “Closing Date”) (together the “Competition Period”).
1. Competition and Data Protection: By entering the Competition, you (as the “Entrant”) agree that your full name, email address and mobile number (if provided), will be collected and processed by Emma – The Sleep Company for the purpose of fulfilling this Competition and for the purpose of receiving marketing communications if you the Entrant have selected to opt in to receive marketing.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition must be directed to [email protected].
2. How to complete the Competition: To enter the Competition, you the Entrant must:
3. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Competition, you the Entrant must:
In entering the competition, you the Entrant confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. Emma Sleep may require you, the Entrant, to provide proof that you are indeed eligible to enter the competition.
The following individuals are excluded from the competition:
Emma – The Sleep Company reserves all rights to disqualify you the Entrant if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
Emma – The Sleep Company will not accept competition entries that:
Emma – The Sleep Company shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to exclude anyone from the Registration who acts in such a manner.
4. How the Competition Works: The Competition closes on the Competition Closing Date. Any entries made in accordance with the Competition must be submitted during the Competition Period. Any entries made after the Competition Closing Date shall be deemed invalid and are therefore not considered.
No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person.
By entering the Competition, you the Entrant are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
15. Prize: The one (1) winning entrant of the competition (the “Winner”) will receive:
The Prize is not transferable or negotiable and has no cash alternative.
Emma – The Sleep Company will donate £2 per participant that has entered the Competition to the charity Furnishing Futures, until a maximum amount of GBP 10,000 (if 5,000 participants entered the Competition). Once Emma – The Sleep Company – reaches this amount of GBP 10,000 (if 5,000 participants entered the Competition), new entries will still be valid until the Closing Date to be part of the competition pool to win the Emma masterpiece Mattress but no further donations per Entrant will be made.
6. How a Winner is Selected: Each entry will be allocated a number upon receipt by Emma – The Sleep Company and one winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries using an appropriate, third-party online generator tool. No personal data will be shared while randomly selecting the winner. Emma – The Sleep Company’s decision is final. The Winner will be contacted by email.
All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner first by email and then by phone (if
number shared) but if the Prize is declined or unclaimed by the Winner, or if the Winner cannot be
contacted, for whatever reason, within two (2) working days of the Winner Announcement Date, a
replacement Winner will be selected from the list of reserve entries and will be notified on the same
terms. The original Winner and their entry will then be forfeited. A Prize may not be claimed by a
third party on the Entrant’s behalf.
Emma – The Sleep Company must either publish or make available information that indicates that a
valid competition took place. To comply with this obligation Emma – The Sleep Company will send
the surname of the Winner and their home city, to anyone who emails [email protected]
within one (1) month after the Competition end Date. If you object to any or all of your surname and home city being published or made available, please contact Emma – The Sleep Company at
[email protected]. In such circumstances, Emma – The Sleep Company must still provide the
information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
7. Promises: When submitting a competition entry, you, the Entrant, promise that:
8. Intellectual Property: All competition entries will become the property of Emma – The Sleep Company on receipt. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you the Entrant agree to:
9. Limitation of Liability: Emma – The Sleep Company will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, delayed in transit regardless of cause, including but not limited to, equipment failure, technical malfunction, network and computer hardware or software failure.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Emma – The Sleep Company will not under any circumstances be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by Emma – The Sleep Company’s negligence. The Entrant’s statutory rights are not affected.
Emma – The Sleep Company’s rights: Emma – The Sleep Company reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition if, acting reasonably, the Competition cannot be conducted as specified.
Emma – The Sleep Company reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another Prize of equal value, in the event that circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, Emma – The Sleep Company may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
10. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.